Geoff Pope, a regular in the Georgia Super Lawyer publication, has been a member of the Georgia Bar since 1993, when he earned his Juris Doctor, cum laude, from the University of Georgia School of Law.
While at the University of Georgia, Mr. Pope served on the Editorial Board of Georgia Law Review and was a member of the National Moot Court Team. Since graduation, Mr. Pope has established a career in which he has been recognized by his peers for his success in products liability, medical negligence, and general personal injury cases.
Before partnering with Marc Howard in 2005, Mr. Pope defended product manufacturers, healthcare providers, insurance companies, and other businesses. Since that time, Mr. Pope has turned his attention to individuals, families, and businesses that have been injured by the wrongful conduct of others.
In the years since forming Pope & Howard P.C., Mr. Pope has earned many accolades. In 2007, The Daily Report named Mr. Pope one of 15 Georgia lawyers “On the Rise”. He has regularly been included in the Super Lawyers publication (top 5% of attorneys), and he is among the 1/2 of 1% of attorneys invited to become a Fellow in the American Bar Foundation. Mr. Pope is a Past President of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association (GTLA).
Outside of Pope & Howard P.C., Mr. Pope has served as an adjunct professor of litigation at the Emory University Law School, regularly lectures on a variety of topics at seminars for attorneys, and is frequently asked to testify before various committees of the Georgia General Assembly on legal matters. He also volunteers with the Truancy Intervention Project, where he provides free representation to truant high school students in Atlanta.
More Information About Geoffrey E. Pope:
- University of Georgia (B.A. Cum Laude with High Honors 1990, J.D. Cum Laude 1993)
- Georgia Law Review, Editorial Board
- National Moot Court Competition, Final Rounds, 2nd best brief
- Member of Phi Beta Kappa
- Member of Phi Kappa Phi Honorary Society
- Member of Blue Key Society
- Member of Omicron Delta Kappa
- Member of the Joseph Henry Lumpkin Inn of Court
- Member of the Order of Barristers
Awards, Honors and Distictions:
- AV Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- AVVO Rating of 10/10
- Atlanta Business Chronicle: Who’s Who in Law & Accounting
- Daily Report: Named one of 15 Georgia lawyers “On the Rise” (2007)
- Fellow of the American Bar Association (since 2006)
- Listed in Bar Register of Pre-Eminent Lawyers
- Georgia Super Lawyers: 2007-2017 (10 Years)
- Georgia Super Lawyer Rising Star (2005)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- The Belli Society
- American Association for Justice
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- American Society for Legal Advocates
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association (President: 2011-2012)
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- National Trial Lawyers
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- Truancy Intervention Project
Areas of Practice: